Thursday, July 6, 2017

3 Stocks I'm Watching for 7/7/17


Corium International brokeout today on greater than 2X volume & closed at 52 week highs. That's not bearish. Watching this for a continuation play. Small Cap Biotechs & Financials were really the only stocks catching a bid on my screens today. I took a position at the end of the day in $CORI at $8.91; my stop is currently placed at $8.26. If we get a gap up tomorrow, I will likely sell into it as I don't like holding such thinly traded names for too long.




Calithera Biosciences is being carried over from yesterday's watch list. $CALA gave me an entry at the market open, but I missed it. For risk management purposes, I try to give the market at least 30 minutes from the opening bell before making any trades. Unfortunately, that means I miss a lot of good setups/entry points. I'll be watching for some sideways consolidation/slight pullback to digest the most recent gains. I will be eyeing the breakout area for an entry around ~$17.50 in $CALA.




Valeant Pharmaceuticals has been digesting its recent run up nicely by trading in a very tight range. $VRX may need some more time to cool off before it's next run up. This stock traded in the $260's not even a full year ago; so the upside remains tremendous. $VRX is permanently on my watch list now that it's formed what appears to be a long term bottom. A close above $17.00 on good volume will have my full attention. It may want to close the gap on the daily chart around ~$15.80 or even trade back to test it's 200 day moving average around $15.25 before it resumes it's uptrend.

Good Luck & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment